Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What I Wore #2 - Wed 23/7/08 - Jewel Colours

23 July 2008

First photograph post! I got this turquoise tunic dress for four dollars the other day at the RSPCA op shop near my house. It has wide straps with big buttons on both back and front. I'm a bit iffy about these woollen tunic things -- the skirt part is a bit baggy, and the bust often looks odd on people of any size because it's just a flat band -- but I loved the colour so much I bought it anyway. You can't see it here, but I'm wearing pointy black low kitten heels with bow detail, and my stockings have translucent swirly patterns on them (I had another pair of black opaques underneath because it was cold!). The gold fish brooch was a reckless impulse buy from a vintage shop in Windsor, but it's been living on the collar of my otherwise slightly boring grey coat, so I don't regret it. I'm really loving my short hair now that I've realised it's a great excuse to indulge in dangly earrings, as with my bob they were all but hidden. These ones are green glass drops, not that you can tell from my shoddy photograph.

And my messy room revealed! Oh no! The beautiful rollertop desk comes from the side of the road (yay for hard rubbish collection) and my gorgeous dressing table that you can only see the bench of I bought off eBay, with great gratitude to my father who helped me get it home.

2 comments:

tang said...

Did you rearrange your room again? Unless you purposefully rearranged the dresser to be nearer to the desk so that you could show them both off with one shot? :)

Lia said...

No, the desk is opposite the dresser, so when I take a photo in the dresser mirror the desk is behind me.