Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Little Miss Sunshine.



It started with this gorgeous belt, and became a set on the theme of colours, prints, cuts and styles I'd normally deem too "difficult". Yellow, smock dresses, floral prints, gold, oversized sunglasses and quilted bags are all things I'd rarely risk, but here I've brought them all together in one outfit. I have to admit it wouldn't suit everyone, but I think the right person could really rock this if they wore it with a sense of humour.

I'd always hated these quilted leather handbags with the ... gold chain strap (I remember one of my mother's hiding in the back of the closet through my childhood) but lately I've looked upon them with some fondness -- they combine luxury and toughness in this brilliant and bizarre 80s way, resonating with capitalist excess and punky resistance ... maybe I'm reading too much into it, but regardless I think the bag brings a pretty speccy edge to an outfit that's otherwise a bit too princess buttercup.

No comments: