Monday, September 1, 2008

Rich.



Entry for Crinoline's Steampunk Ball competition in the Steampunk group, except apart from the charm and coat it's not very steampunk at all -- though I wonder if in Victorian times this is what the future might have looked like to some people. I liked the idea of a beautiful but sedate coat hiding so much glitz underneath, but I don't think it really works as a whole. Dior colours.

--

I have six favourites on this already which I think makes it one of my most popular sets, and it's probably the one I'm least happy with of what I've done recently. I think Polyvore tends to privilege formal wear though -- I know I'm more likely to click on a glitzy gown than any set involving denim, even though the latter may be a lot more creative. It's pretty easy to match some bling to a dress that speaks for itself, and much more difficult to make something really stylish and unique from chain store basics and street denim.

No comments: