Friday, October 17, 2008

Fruit bowl.


Fruit bowl. by quean

Entry for the Gilt Groupe contest (all items except text from Gilt.com). I love the floral trim on this dress, it really makes it for me.

--

I've become aware that I'm using heaps more designer items lately, which I feel stupidly guilty about -- I mean, I never made a rule against it (in fact, my second Polyvore set featured Louboutin heels and a Roberto Cavalli dress) but I had been trying to promote little indie designers and avoid looks that couldn't be remade from op shop bargain bins. Which isn't much of an effort because almost any look can be thrifted, except perhaps an exact copy of this $783 Anna Sui organza cocktail dress or some of the other dresses I've been lusting over -- (mostly Alexander McQueen, Diane von Furstenberg and Vivienne Westwood -- and also those sessy Hervé Léger bandage dresses though I'd never wear them myself). But then I remember that Polyvore's my way of playing with fashion without exchanging currency, so I guess it's alright. I mean, sure, I'm giving all these corporations free advertising, but none of my friends reading this could afford this stuff anyway, and it's better than eBay, eh?

No comments: